[Gtkradiant] (no subject)

Michael Kluskens mkluskens at starpower.net
Sun Apr 24 14:42:07 CDT 2005

I've built GtkRadiant revision 5149 on OS X 10.3.9, using "scons
BUILD=debug SETUP=0" (as noted in the bug list SETUP=1 does not work
but it's still listed on the OS X web page, the compile fails when the
script is looking for archivepak.so)

I think the following noncritical changes should be made to the game
files:

file: q3bp.game <change>
   enginepath_macos="/Applications/Quake3/"
file: q3.game <change>
   enginepath_macos="/Applications/Quake3/"

I'm having trouble getting STVEFPack working.  Other than the first
line I doubt the issues are platform specific.

I added the following lines to "stvef.game" (only the first two lines
are not pure guesses from q3.game)
   enginepath_macos="/Applications/EliteForce/"
   archivetypes="pk3"
   entities="quake3"
   shaders="quake3"
   texturetypes="tga jpg"
   modeltypes="md3 ase lwo obj 3ds picoterrain"
   maptypes="mapq3"
   brushtypes="quake3"
   patchtypes="quake3"
   entityclass="quake3"
   entityclasstype="def"

That gets me to an error message of "failed to parse default build
commands: stvef.game/default_build_menu.xml" which is a nonfatal error
but the build menu empty as a result.  The problem is not obvious to
me.

I also added:
   engine_macos="Elite Force Carbon"
   mp_engine_macos="Elite Force HM XP"
to stvef.game.

I noticed I'm not seeing the texture list like I have in 1.4.0.  I
remember this was tricky in 1.4.0 and I no longer remember what radiant
files I modified to get the textures listed.

My configuration: Xcode 1.5 with patches, fink unstable, scons
0.96.1-1.  I have GtkRadiant 1.4.0 working on OS X 10.3.9 and have made
a test map for STVEF using it.

Michael