[Gtkradiant] GTKRadiant Bug Report

ydnar gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 13:11:43 -0800

Could you compile the map with -v and send the compile log?

You might just have more entities than the game can support. What does
GtkRadiant say is the entity count?

From: "80.134.68.15" <noreply@qeradiant.com>
To: <gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com>
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 1:03 PM
Subject: [Gtkradiant] GTKRadiant Bug Report

> This bug report was submitted from 80.134.68.15 using the Bug Report
Submission Form on the QERadiant Website at 03:03:04 CST Feb 17, 2003.

> ---
>
> BUG REPORT
>
> CPU/RAM/Operating System: Athlon xp 2000+/256 mb ram/Windows 98 se
> Hard Drive Space: Many, a few gbs
> Video Card/OpenGL Drivers: Geforce 4 Ti 4200/Detonator 41.09
> Version of GTKRadiant: The newest version 1.2.11
>
> Error:
> That's a really mysterious error. For a long time I've worked on my map. I
made many difficult entities: func_doors, func_static, shooter_grenades,
info_notnulls, path_corners, target_speakers, func_button,
func_invisible_user and a few more. I think I didn't make too many of these
entities. For the exact numbers you could see in the thread: What's wrong
with gtk radiant? in the tramdesign forum. Now here's the problem. After a
while of working on my map without compiling several things now don't work
anymore. Nearly all func_doors don't work. I can't open them. But in the log
file there is just a warning about shaders which the q3map can't find. And I
can compile my map with full vis with q3map2 and it takes me less than one
hour. So the shooter_grenades for example are working but not the
func_doors, the func_invisible_user (elevators). Although many
shooter_grenades are working others don't work. And all the func_doors aren'
working except two doors that I have connected !
> with the team key in the entity menu. It should be a checkpoint map and I
have a quite big terrain in my map and one plane with firetrails is flying
through the map. There are five team_wolf_checkpoints in the map. Now the
real mysterious thing. For a long time all the entities worked fine. So the
reason for my problem must be the brushes or entities I included in the map
in that time I didn't compile it. Because after that time when I compiled my
map the problem appeared. But in that time I included no special entities.
Just a few shooter_grenades and info_notnulls. I see the open icon in rtcw
but I can't open them. And the two doors that are working I can just open
from one side, the other side also doesn't work. I've lost the hope that
this problem is fixable.
> Note: I would like to get a reply if you can fix my problem because that's
my last chance. Thx before,

> Donovan
>
> Cause of Error:
> I asked the guys at tramdesign in the forum several times but they
couldn't help me. I've also send my map to rummie. But he has no clue what
the reason is. And I deleted the doors and made new ones, they also don't
work.