[Gtkradiant] ATI FireGL 8800 issues

Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:03:34 +0200

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:45:14 +0200
David Olofson <david.olofson@reologica.se> wrote:

> On Tuesday 15 October 2002 12:07, Timothee Besset wrote:
> > > 	* Xi Graphics have no driver for the FireGL 8800.
> > > 	  (ATI doesn't seem to care to give them specs and
> > > 	  permission... :-/ )
> >
> > Did you try DRI drivers? You might have better luck with them.
>
> Well, AFAIK, they shouldn't work... At least, no other 8500 drivers will.
> (Win98 drivers just crash, and XiG Summit won't start.)

http://dri.sourceforge.net/dri_status.phtml
lists the 8500 in the supported chipsets

The rendering changes are new to 1.2, and have been a great improvement
overall (that is, on supported drivers). Spog wrote that code, he can
probably look into the fixes. It sounds like this is yet another fix we
will want in 1.2.11

TTimo