[Gtkradiant] 1.2 roadmap

Sat, 26 May 2001 13:45:44 +0200

Good luck with your final exams.. you'll let us know what happens. I haven't
heard from rhino3d since they launched their CAD software (was it last year?).
Good to know they are still around. I was lucky enough to get contracted by
Id, so I can go on coding on Radiant and linux Q3 .. otherwise I would
probably have had to find another job too. That's why I'm trying to keep the
project as open as possible, because people come and go.. lately Spog became a
new and very active developer .. and djbob will probably start contributing
too.

I began merging the Alpha branch into the trunk. There's no telling when I
will be done though. Might be a few days. After I commit that, everybody will
be able to grab it and compile/help fixing it. Merging is a very tedious work,
most of the time it breaks a bunch of things on the way.

As for a performance measurement tool, I think djbob is interested too.
Ideally this would be a plugin for Radiant. More realistic we'll prolly have
to put in some #ifdef on the way. Very roughly what it should do:
- block non-GL related stuff (i.e. kill console output during the test)
- perform and time a few operations, a full 360 rotation, or following a
defined path in a map
- output some statistics, average FPS, min/max, and dump info (GL info,
settings (flat, texture quality etc.), brushes count, patches, entities
rendering mode etc.

TTimo