[freespace2] FS1: Playing Judas - Docking with Lucifer

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Tue Nov 29 15:06:50 EST 2005

Are you using current CVS or a version you got from somewhere else?

There is a slight issue with the FS2 code in that mission that I never
was able to find an adequate solution for.  Basically, the position
where the Lucifer comes to a stop in that mission is different from
where the mission specifies for the fighter bay waypoints.  This is a
difference with the modified FS2 engine and the original FS1 engine.

I've gotten around this in two ways, previously a special mission was
distributed with new waypoint locations.  Not long ago though I made
this change in the code itself to automatically modify the locations.  I
never retested the mission in the second case however so if you are
using current CVS then I probably just made a mistake and will look into
that.

If you are not using current CVS then you need to make sure to use the
fs1.vp file which contains the fixed mission (the fs1.vp file is not
needed with current CVS).  If you don't have current CVS or the VP file
then you either need to update to the current code or grab the VP from
http://icculus.org/~taylor/freespace/ and put it in the same directory
as the game binary.

If neither option is working then let me know and I'll got back over the
code.

Taylor

--
Taylor Richards <taylor at icculus.org>