[cod] Sorry have to vent, Modern Warfare 2 on the PC

Lars Vik lars at 3056.net
Sun Oct 18 08:06:06 EDT 2009

Ah, and the smartass-Excel-sheet-tyrants at IW rides again. Those guys just
don't understand what gives a product "soul" and makes it evergreen.

If one of those guys were to arrange a party, the first thing they'd
drop is the DJ. According to their Excel-sheet the DJ doesn't produce
any income. But then, when nobody shows up at the party they simply
don't understand what went wrong. The food was good, the doorman was
nice... You get the picture.

Sometimes you have to look beyond the numbers to understand what makes a
product successful or not. If they had learnt anything from previous
releases they would have embrased the server admins, mod and map makers
and involved them to a much larger extent in the development and the
future of the CoD-series.

Hopefuly, some smaller independent studios are there to fill the gap in
the near future. Long live darwinism and say goodbye to the dinosaurs at IW.