[cod] CPU Usage

Ian mu mu.llamas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 23 09:13:44 EST 2004

Would be very interested to see a screeny of top from Darren running
2*20 servers, is that possible? Just as if they are running find and
no load and cpu issues then maybe there is something else astray. If
you could do that would be most appreciated.

Just one odd bone I would throw into the works is that COD "can" seem
to spike to say 99%ish when changing/restarting maps and it would show
extremely low cpu (absurdly low for me not to believe in fact). Im
guessing some of that may be due to the kernel reporting it wrong
(altho cod does seem low generally compared to uo). That server was
causing huge lag spikes on another server on the box whenever they
would change maps. Couldn't really figure a way around that so oddly
enough ended up using renice to put it to a lower prioriy. Didn't
spike so much, but did start indicate more expected cpu usage which
was interesting. Just found it odd and maybe worth mentioning in case
anyone had any ideas or it helps (ie it fixed that problem altho I
totally hate the concept of nice'ing a server and only time have done
it).