[cod] Server Reset

BludGeonT[EUG] bludgeont at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 04:04:38 EST 2004

:
while : ;
do
  ps -ef |grep "cod_lnxded"
  case $? in
     0)  echo "COD Server appears to be running..."
          ;;
     *)  echo "Server appears to be down, restarting..."
         cd <to where your binary is>
         screen -dmS ./cod_lnxded +set blah blah balh +exec config.cfg
+map_rotate
         ;;
  esac
  ps -ef |grep "coduo_lnxded"
  case $? in
     0)  echo "COD UO Server appears to be running..."
          ;;
     *)  echo "Server appears to be down, restarting..."
         cd <to where your binary is>
         screen -dmS ./coduo_lnxded +set blah blah balh +exec
config.cfg +map_rotate
         ;;
  esac
  sleep 30
done

Say you call the above script, monitor.sh

chmod 775 monitor.sh

Then do

screen -dmS server_monitor

screen -r server_monitor

./monitor.sh

<CTRL> A D       (to disconnect from the screen session, if you hit
ctrl-c you will
                           kill it off)

This script every 30 seconds will check if the server is running,
there are many ways to determine what is running and what is not, and
this baseline script can be modded to suit your needs and such.

Hope this helps :)

BludGeonT[EUG]
EarthLink Ultimate Gaming
www.earthlinkultimategaming.com