[cod] Multiple COD:UO servers on the same box

Fredric Ollikala Fredric at onlinecenter.se
Wed Dec 8 13:02:06 EST 2004

My question too. Below is an example what one of my startup scripts looks like.

#!/bin/sh
#
# cod startup script
#

cd /usr/games/cod

nohup ./cod_lnxded +set fs_basepath /usr/games/cod +set fs_homepath /home/hyppe/cod +exec tdm_mp.cfg +set dedicated 2 +map_rotate +set net_ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx +set net_port 28960 >/dev/null 2>&1 &  <--- should be on the same line as above, the line was too long and was cut into 2.
ps ax |grep tdm_mp.cfg |grep -v grep |awk '{print $1;}' > /home/hyppe/cod/pid.tdmcod

exit 0

fs_basepath is where the game is installed.
fs_homepath is where all user configfiles, logfiles, mods and so on goes.

Just put the text in a file called "codtdm" or whatever and do "chmod +x codtdm". To execute it just type ./codtdm
This will launch the server into the background and also create a file containing the server pid (process id).

I use another script that runs every 10 minutes using Crontab, to check if the server is still running, if not it will be restarted executing the script above.

Best regards:

Fredric Ollikkala