any scripters out there?

Geoff Goas gitman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 20:54:53 EST 2004

this is something that really ticks me off about the UO linux binary,
which may also be a problem present in 1.4 (but i dont think so, never
had this problem with 1.1).

if i missed a check (isdefined() for example) in my script, and the
server executes the function with an undefined variable, or if you are
doing custom hud elements and the hudelem you are trying to work with
is undefined, the server will just crash out without any hint of error
in the game log or the console log.

this doesn't happen all the time, but it happens. it is very
frustrating especially when you have just tested out the script
locally (with developer mode ON) and then you upload the script to
your <b>full</b> server then it crashes unexpectedly.

then you're left scratching your head trying to figure out what went wrong.

can this be taken care of in the patch?