Multiple service server + Going off list due to "spamming"

stalvi stalvi at tek.iarc.uaf.edu
Thu Dec 2 16:46:30 EST 2004

	People are so sensitive.  Ever hear of filters?  This is nothing
compared to many many other list.

Anyway, to bring this back to on-topic.

I stumbled across one message here that mentioned running multiple
servers on one machine.  I assume you must set different port numbers
for them.

Can you run one as internet and the other as LAN?

I would also assume that the bandwidth calculations applies to both
servers combined as well, correct?

So if I had a Pentium III 550 running Slackware Linux and it has 100
BaseT connection to the world, my limitation would be the processing
power of that machine?

It would also seem like CoD would do a lot of repetitive commands (on
the programming level) that a processor with a large cache would be
best.  Since AMD processors usually handle the repetitive commands
better than Intel, would it not make more sense to run an AMD
processor?

Has anyone ran a Quake II server along side a CoD?

Thanks