(Seen my glasses? I'm a dork.)
If you want a specific section of my plan, you can use the web interface
Or directly through port 79, if your finger client will let you get away with:
This is part of the new, improved IcculusFinger. Yay.
(This is in no particular order)
- The icculus.org open source incubator.
- The Build Engine.
- Serious Sam.
- various Pyrogon things.
- Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
- Other stuff.
I have projects on icculus.org (some are even mine) that are already
abandoned. I will have to figure out what to do with them. If you want to
peek around, look at The CVS Tree.
First off, I need to give a shout out to Glen Miner at Digital Extremes. I
couldn't get a VPN connection to their Perforce server working under Linux
to save my life, and within ten minutes, he hooked me up with a SSH tunnel.
Digital Extremes (and Epic, for that matter), has proven to be a very
impressive crew, and I'm enjoying my work with them.
Serious Sam is still collecting dust in the middle of the 1.07 merge. Merging
is tedious if you do it slowly and error prone if you do it quickly. I
haven't found a graphical tool that makes it easier, either, so I just need
to suck it up and finish it. There's only about 60,000 lines left to sort
through in the diff at this point anyhow. :( I'll finish this when I get
back in town from the wedding, after the July 4th holidays.
Finally, new stuff: Medal of Honor. EA has contracted me to produce a linux
dedicated server, and I have. Right now, it's in closed beta, and servers
should be popping up on GameAdmins and The Cyberspace Matrix later
tonight. We'll open this up to a public beta a little later on. In the
meantime, if you want to keep track of what's going on, you can subscribe
to the mailing list by sending a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org,
where we'll be discussing bugs and stuff, or check out the bug database at
https://bugzilla.icculus.org/ (bug reports from gamers as well as admins
are very welcome, by the way!) Otherwise, feel free to pound on the servers
when they come up later tonight.
Update: The Cyberspace Matrix servers are up:
Connect to either:
(That's 220.127.116.11, for the DNS-impared). In the server browser,
look for the host that says "LINUX SERVER: The Cyberspace Matrix"
Both are cycling through all the dm/mohdm* maps, in Free-For-All mode.
I've got access to these servers directly, so requests are welcome here.
I'm waiting to hear back from Dekard from GameAdmins; he has the binaries,
and will presumably be up and running soon, barring any big problems. I'll
update again when I hear from him.
Yes, I'm porting it. No, there's no timeframe right now. Email me with
questions, and I'll start a FAQ or something.
Manually merging a three megabyte diff will give you faith in God. It's kinda
like untossing a salad.
Those old Screenies.
Keep me and icculus.org going.
(FAQ snipped. Check the archives.)
Somewhat immediate TODOs:
- Check for zlib 1.1.3 remnants on icculus.org.
- CC/MacOS again.
- Get Nicki to pay for a movie.
- Get Emmett to buy me lunch.
- Upgrade Liza.
- Reburn damaged music disc.
- Nag Bernd about hardware.
- Deliver freespace2 to zakk.
- Nag zakk about hardware (?).
- Clean up the damned logfiles.
- Fix the webmail interface.
- Finish ssam 1.07 merge.
- Nuke the old PHP/mod_ssl/Apache source dirs.
- autoconf scripts for quake2.
- put LONELY in cvs.
- Get new car insurance.
- Update GPG key.
- Go to Dan's wedding.
- Goddamn I'm friggin' BUSY. :(
- Port Serious Sam. ( 15%)
- Rewrite IcculusNews. ( 99%)
- Release SDL_sound v1.0. ( 92%)
- Release PhysicsFS v1.0. ( 98%)
- SDL_mixer rewrite, using non-existant SDL_sound library. ( 0%)
- Toby rewrite #4. Way overdue. ( 20%)
- Documentation for Toby. YEARS overdue. ( 0%)
- Major SMPEG updates. ( 1%)
- Rewrite web interface to mailing list archives. ( 0%)
- Write The Hook Book. ( 0%)
- Read A Beautiful Mind. ( 2%)
- Read A Confederacy of Dunces. ( 50%)
- Read On the Road. ( 15%)
- Medal of Honor: Allied Assault linux server ( 90%)
Backburnered, but reasonable TODOs: (in no specific order):
- Hook up CVS to IcculusNews.
- Figure out how to monitor exactly how much bandwidth we've used per month.
- Hook up mailing list software to IcculusNews.
- Hook up Bugzilla to IcculusNews.
- Rewrite Toby's parser.
- Finish writing Punk Ass Comedy.
- Finish writing The Street.
- Finish reading The Dragon Book.
- Increase memory/swapspace.
- Remove http://icculus.org/sysinfo/todo.html
- Clean up room.
- Clean up home dir.
- Set up meldrew.
- Get nerf updated for SSL support.
- Put all the header/footer functions for icculus.org in one PHP file.
- Get Dreamcast Linux working.
- SDL OS/2.
- SDL LightPen/tablet support.
- SDL MsgBox API.
- SDL_rwops library.
- Make BUILD Engine support OpenGL.
- Fix the Linux Realtek drivers.
- Write scratchware.
- Physics engine.
- Get BUILD engine ready for Matt Saettler.
- Get Duke3D/COMMIT net API implemented for modern platforms.
- Get Duke3D sound API implemented for modern platforms.
- Beat Zork III. I will someday, I swear.