(Seen my glasses? I'm a dork.)
If you want a specific section of my plan, you can use the web interface
Or directly through port 79, if your finger client will let you get away with:
This is part of the new, improved IcculusFinger. Yay.
(This is in no particular order)
- The icculus.org open source incubator.
- The Build Engine.
- Serious Sam.
- various Pyrogon things.
- Other stuff.
I have projects on icculus.org (some are even mine) that are already
abandoned. I will have to figure out what to do with them. If you want to
peek around, look at The CVS Tree.
This is really like my little "Book of the Month club" section, I swear.
Chunky: If you think the movie version of Fight Club is profound,
read the book. Then go get other books by Chunk Palahniuk: Choke
is also good in that vein. Then go buy me a copy of Invisible Monsters
and preorder Lullaby.
In other book news, I can get on with my life now that I've finished Tim
Sandlin's GroVont trilogy. Social Blunders was solid, like the rest of
the novels. Sorrow Floats is still my favorite, just nudging out
Skipped Parts. My only complaint with the novels is that they end,
and I have a hunger to devour more about Sam, Maury, Lydia, and the rest of
the gang. Here's to hoping for a fourth book.
Now, I need to bite the bullet and finish On the Road. I've been told that
Kerouac wrote that motherfucker in one sitting. Seems feasible to me.
Yes, I'm porting it. No, there's no timeframe right now. Email me with
questions, and I'll start a FAQ or something.
More inline ASM fixes, which should clean up some lighting bugs I've seen, and
allows me to disable one of the C fallbacks I've been relying on (the
problem was I referenced MMX register %mm6 instead of %mm7 at one point...
converting inline ASM is so error prone and causes the most subtle bugs, I
swear). This means perhaps a tiny speed boost, but I'd almost rather see the
C fallbacks used, so I know they continue to be maintained (in the name of
forward thinking: consoles, MacOS X ports, and other non-Intel ventures).
Those old Screenies.
Keep me and icculus.org going.
(FAQ snipped. Check the archives.)
Somewhat immediate TODOs:
- Check for zlib 1.1.3 remnants on icculus.org.
- CC/MacOS again.
- Yuri's Revenge support in csmhax0r.
- Have csmhax0r flip read-only flag.
- Set up DoD and Counterstrike servers for the CSM.
- Get Nicki to pay for a movie.
- Get Emmett to buy me lunch.
- Deal with collection agency.
- Upgrade Liza.
- Get The Vagina Monologues back from Colin.
- Pay bills.
- Evaluate Doxygen.
- Reburn damaged music disc.
- Nag Kent about MindRover again.
- Nag Vince about dedicated server stuff.
- Nag Bernd about hardware.
- Nag zakk about hardware (?).
- Get check for cabling job.
- CodeHost STB.
- Clean up the damned logfiles.
- Goddamn I'm friggin' BUSY. :(
- Port Serious Sam. ( 10%)
- Rewrite IcculusNews. ( 98%)
- Release SDL_sound v1.0. ( 92%)
- Release PhysicsFS v1.0. ( 95%)
- SDL_mixer rewrite, using non-existant SDL_sound library. ( 0%)
- Toby rewrite #4. Way overdue. ( 20%)
- Documentation for Toby. YEARS overdue. ( 0%)
- Major SMPEG updates. ( 0%)
- Rewrite web interface to mailing list archives. ( 0%)
- Write The Hook Book. ( 0%)
- Read A Beautiful Mind. ( 1%)
- Read On the Road. ( 15%)
Backburnered, but reasonable TODOs: (in no specific order):
- Hook up CVS to IcculusNews.
- Figure out how to monitor exactly how much bandwidth we've used per month.
- Hook up mailing list software to IcculusNews.
- Hook up Bugzilla to IcculusNews.
- Rewrite Toby's parser.
- Finish writing Punk Ass Comedy.
- Finish writing The Street.
- Finish reading The Dragon Book.
- Increase memory/swapspace.
- Remove http://icculus.org/sysinfo/todo.html
- Clean up room.
- Clean up home dir.
- Set up meldrew.
- Get nerf updated for SSL support.
- Put all the header/footer functions for icculus.org in one PHP file.
- Get Dreamcast Linux working.
- SDL OS/2.
- SDL LightPen/tablet support.
- SDL MsgBox API.
- Make BUILD Engine support OpenGL.
- Fix the Linux Realtek drivers.
- Write scratchware.
- Physics engine.
- Get BUILD engine ready for Matt Saettler.
- Get Duke3D/COMMIT net API implemented for modern platforms.
- Get Duke3D sound API implemented for modern platforms.
- Beat Zork III. I will someday, I swear.