[ut3] Anyone with cedega here?

Jamin W. Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Mon Mar 23 13:42:52 EDT 2009

Keith Zubot-Gephart wrote:
> This is why I love Akregator, I didn't even leave the program, I just switched
> to my RSS feed viewer, scrolled through the old icculus news posts, and hit
> http://icculus.org/news/news.php?id=4407
>
> If you're lazy a direct URL is
> http://media.libsyn.com/media/dsyates/040808uclug0010.ogg
>
> Justifying this being on the UT3 Linux mailing list, IIRC Ryan does talk about
> UT3 and his past of being contracted by Epic Games, although I don't remember
> how detailed it is.  Pretty interesting stuff though.
>
> (You'll probably want to skip through the first 30min of the recording which
> is someone else talking about shell scripting.)

Went through the recording.  Here's something of list of time indexes
for highlights:

0:34:50 - Ryan's talk begins, largely with history
0:50:42 - suggests not to release before it's largely usable
0:52:30 - gets into Linux gaming
1:16:54 - indicates more Linux than Mac UT2K4 players
1:25:50 - Direct Sound 3D removed from Vista
1:34:46 - Bathroom directions (humor)
1:37:40 - speculation on reason for Linux Nvidia drivers
1:41:42 - Second Life source released under GPL
2:02:52 - Picasa/Wine
2:05:44 - Google Earth
2:10:18 - Transgaming/Cedega
2:13:06 - preferred editor and other useful tools
2:37:40 - preferred Linux distro (Ubuntu)

--
Jamin W. Collins