[ut3] An expansion is coming to UT3

Chris coderight at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 14:48:33 EST 2009

Wow, you would think these threads were about religion or politics or
something, haha.  I'm not replying to anyone specific but here are my
general thoughts:

I hang out on the list because UT is one of the few games to ever have
had a Linux version.  These are literally the only games I have ever
bought (Quake series, Tribes2, UT series, etc).  So yes, I do still
care about the game and its status because right now there isn't much
of anything else.

The reason this conversation sparked is because there is new stuff
coming out for UT3.  This reminds us all of what we could have had but
still don't.  *That* is the catalyst for this conversation.

I never said I deserved to get my money back, it's just what I would
like seeing as how I can't play the game.  If you ever work retail or
have your own business you will quickly realize what happens when you
say one thing and then do something else to your customers.  Legal
obligations or not, there is a good chance you'll ruin yourself if you
do that too often.

Finally, a large part of all this is just disappointment.  That
creates strong emotions.  I know more than anything I'm sad not be
able to play a game I thought I would be able to.

... and honestly, Ryan would update if he had something.  It has
nothing to do with rabid fans on the list.  I'm sure he's just busy
working on other stuff like anybody else and probably doesn't even
check the list it doesn't matter right now.

CR