[ut3] An expansion is coming to UT3

Donovan Brooke dbrooke at euca.us
Fri Feb 20 19:36:50 EST 2009

Chris wrote:
> Wow, you would think these threads were about religion or politics or
> something, haha.  I'm not replying to anyone specific but here are my
> general thoughts:
[snip]

> CR

...from my own geeky religious basement... ;-)

I Had this whole big extravagant infrastructure and commitment
planned for UT3 that started with me dressing up as my
ideal UT skin for Halloween a couple months before it was released
on PC.

I first bought a new PC, ramped it up with all custom
components, and bought the limited edition game (with
the idea of installing Ubuntu on that system later when
it was to come out in a month or two!). ;-)

At that time, I was planning on building a headless 1U
rack-mount dedicated gaming server as well. I also had plans to really
put some time in their Editor (which is the only good thing
that came out of UT2K3 IMO).

My change of plans came before the whole linux build debacle...
which was the "core game play debacle". Epic spent way too much
time making deals, marketing engines, and making money and not
enough time making a good game... (er something like that)

You just can't take a 4 year hiatus from a revolutionary series
and come back with a sequel that is not only buggy (back then), but contains
none of the evolution that sparked the mania for the previous
years. Yes, people will buy it initially.. It's freek'n the
sequel to UT2K4!.. but, as we've seen, it didn't have *any*
sustenance.

What it comes down to is that they need knew leadership and
commitment for the game that made them fat. (Kinda like the Bush
Administration.. you ask yourself
repetitively, "when are they going to open the doors and listen?").
Well, at least we are fixing that.

If you *are* listening Mike or Mark, hire me for cheap! ;-)
In the spirit of UT, I'll steer this thing back on track.

(worth a try)

I was a geeky huge fan of UT. Now, I am back to just geek. :)

Pic of one my old UT2K4-Playing setups and studio:
http://www.euca.us/images/other/music_studio.jpg

Thanks for the good UT2K4 Mac Port Ryan! Lot's of good
memories of battles fought.

=Uff-Da= <-- Back to the grind.

--
   =o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o
   DONOVAN D. BROOKE       Pres.,  EUCA Design Center