[ut3] Official release date

Ian Hastie ianh at iahastie.clara.net
Thu Feb 12 17:23:08 EST 2009

On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 10:14:25 -0800 (PST)
feywulf <feywulf9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Given his experience in prior games he has ported, I doubt that Ryan
> would have used a library with an incompatible license in the porting
> process.

True, but then some libraries are harder to avoid than others.  For
example...

Only in UT3-linux-server-betademo/Binaries: libgcc_s.so.1
Only in UT3-linux-server-betademo/Binaries: libstdc++.so.6

> If there is a legal issue involving a library, it would
> most likely have been with a library used in the original Windows
> version which couldn't be replaced in the Linux client.

Could be that too.  As a comparison between the original release
version of the the dedi server and 1.3 shows...

Only in ut3-dedicated/Binaries: libPhysXCore.so

But then as I remember PhysX was not supposed to be the problem.
Of course it was in the original dedi release so it seems unlikely.

> Of course it could be something other than an issue with a library's
> license.

Which still leaves loads of possibilities, including many that relate
to licensing in some way.  I can't really think of anything that
doesn't come back to them, not that makes sense to me anyway.  Then
again, I am not a lawyer!

Ian.