[ut3] Server seems to run as nothing is wrong, but nobody canconnect

biz biz at baze.de
Sun Jan 13 09:20:26 EST 2008

On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 01:39:53PM +0100, BasP wrote:
> I've written my own version of the PHP example from that page a while back
> and my usually full public server nicely return it's information when
> players can't connect anymore (nicely telling me there's 0/12 players
> online). As the server usually is full during certain hours of the day, I
> just restart it when it hits 0 players during those hours.

Sounds weird, are you using the experimental binary and could you try to
check for the mapname? I've tested this approach on multiple
installations and for me its a direct indication. Perhaps another
special case? Quite unstable anyways...

For anyone else encountering -multihome problems, if your setup allows
it - just run one vserver per IP so you can get rid of -multihome.
There's only one IP per unit and the system's resources are shared
dynamically to utilise available resources efficiently.
Have a look at http://linux-vserver.org/

-- biz