[ut3] Linux Server disconnecting all Players

NakedApe nakedape at bredband.net
Mon Jan 7 15:24:44 EST 2008

Dark Avenger wrote:

> Also, the -multihome option still does not work properly. It only uses the
> IP address given to listen on ports 7777 and 6500. The other listeners and
> connections ignore the multihome option.

Aren't those two ports the only ones bound in listening mode? If so it
makes sense, outgoing connections should get the source address of the
interface they are routed over.
I'm more bothered that the GameSpy port (6500) doesn't bind to 0.0.0.0
when *not* using -multihome but rather attempting to resolve the
hostname and using that IP. Incidentally, this breaks on some later
systems which use a host entry mapping the hostname to 127.0.1.1 in
order to work around bugs in certain software (most notably GNOME).

	/NakedApe