[ut3] Message dates are messed up

Tom Rivers tom at impact-crater.com
Wed Oct 17 14:33:15 EDT 2007

Ondřej Hošek wrote:
> Please also make sure your time zone settings are configured correctly
> and your mail client is using them (this is commonly the case and not
> a configurable option, though).

Thanks for the suggestion.  I checked my systems, both servers and
client machines, prior to emailing the list about this situation.  For
the record, I run several mail servers professionally and they have been
operating properly for years - I can say with absolute certainty that
the problem is not on my end.

> This is mainly for the US people whose idiot government, instead of
> getting rid of not-useful-anymore DST altogether, simply moved the
> timeshift to make life living hell for sysadmins just about
> everywhere. (Okay, all governments are idiotic, but in the scope of
> this e-mail, Congress -- and other, more obscure DST-shifters -- rates
> worst.)

Regardless of the veracity of your assertion, this list really isn't the
place for political discussion.  ;)

Tom