[ut3] gamespy

Alex Malinovich demonbane at the-love-shack.net
Tue Oct 16 17:24:36 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 21:39 +0100, John Watson wrote:
> This is why I detest Valve's Steam software so much. You don't actually
> "own" the game you "purchase". You just rent it for as long as Valve let
> you.

Sadly, that's nothing new. You've never actually OWNED a single piece of
software you've ever bought. The only thing you ever get for your money
is a LICENSE to USE the software, which can be revoked at any time at
the company's discretion. The only thing that's different with Steam is
that instead of merely affecting a revocation, they can genuinely put
that revocation into effect.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837