[ut3] Commandline parsing differs w. Linux server

Achton N. Netherclift achton at netherclift.net
Tue Oct 16 14:57:17 EDT 2007

Alex Boag-Munroe wrote:
> It wasn't a "bash" of the user.  My point still stands, if you're new
> to Linux, I wouldn't advise starting your (already steep) learning
> curve with the frustrations of a -beta- UT server.
Unbelievable as it may seem, I am not new to Linux. I've been
administering a Debian-based web/mail/db/VCS/etc server for several
years now, and a UT2k4 and BF2 server for one year. I will admit that I
am not the most skilled shellscripter, which explains why I went ahead
and wrote to the list, and didn't immediately identify the error message
as being shell-related.

Thanks to all who replied, however. I am still bashing the problem
around (haha), but can still not get maprotation working properly. It
seems that whatever I do, I get "MAPVOTE has been disabled due to lack
of maps!" from the server during the bootprocess.

Cheers,
Achton