Admin bashing... Is it really needed?

kingster at unrealplayground.com kingster at unrealplayground.com
Tue Oct 16 10:51:48 EDT 2007

I don't think that this kind of stuff is necessary.  There's a lot of
people out there that are just trying to get this stuff to work
(especially since it's new!), and there's just no need to rip on them
because they may not know as much as you.

A simple reply with what they might need to know should suffice.  That
could be pointing them to the ut3servers list or reminding people of the
escaping necessary in bash (as in these cases I've cited below).  Beyond
that, the "holier than thou" attitude is what gives gamers/admins/Linux
fans bad names.

Elevate yourselves.  It's really not that hard.