[ut3] Commandline parsing differs w. Linux server

Alex Malinovich demonbane at the-love-shack.net
Tue Oct 16 06:31:17 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 10:52 +0200, Achton N. Netherclift wrote:
> Ryan,
>
> please note that the commandline parsing on Linux is not equal to how it
> works on Windows.
>
> Since the server appears to ignore the .ini's, I've been trying to use the
> command-line to setup map rotation. I tried adding
>
> ?GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTDeathmatch",Maps=("DM-HeatRay","DM-ShangriLa"))
>
> to the command line but got back:
>
> syntax error near unexpected token `('.
>
> Apparently, this method works on Windows, so there must be some
> discrepancy. Though I would like to get maprotation working, I do not find
> this method (via commandline) of setting up maplists to be intuitive. I'd
> rather do it via ini's.

This isn't a problem with ut3, it's a feature of the shell you're using
(most likely bash). Just put the entire argument list in single quotes
(') and you should be fine.

Parenthesis and other characters let you do lots of cool things from the
command line that aren't possible in Windows, you just have to take care
to quote those characters properly when you're not using them to do
shell commands.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837