Commandline parsing differs w. Linux server

Achton N. Netherclift achton at netherclift.net
Tue Oct 16 04:52:17 EDT 2007

Ryan,

please note that the commandline parsing on Linux is not equal to how it
works on Windows.

Since the server appears to ignore the .ini's, I've been trying to use the
command-line to setup map rotation. I tried adding

?GameSpecificMapCycles=(GameClassName="UTDeathmatch",Maps=("DM-HeatRay","DM-ShangriLa"))

to the command line but got back:

syntax error near unexpected token `('.

Apparently, this method works on Windows, so there must be some
discrepancy. Though I would like to get maprotation working, I do not find
this method (via commandline) of setting up maplists to be intuitive. I'd
rather do it via ini's.

Also see this thread about the problem:
http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26002

Cheers,