[ut3] UT3 Linux empty but taking 20% cpu ?

Martin Zwickel martin.zwickel at technotrend.de
Wed Dec 19 08:43:10 EST 2007

On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 22:42:11 -0500
"Stephane" <admin at light-speed.com> bubbled:

> Ryan, it looks like it's on all the maps I tried so far.
>
> I set the tickrate idle lower; it's a tiny bit better but still same
> problem.

Same problem here on my intel p4 2.8GHz lan server:

 2828 root      15   0  285m 244m  11m R 45.3 48.5  52:35.64 ut3-bin

Is a >40% cpu usage intentional if noone plays on the server?

I run the server with this params:
./ut3 server vCTF-Suspense?MaxPlayers=8?MinNetPlayers=1?bShouldAdvertise=False?bIsLanMatch=True?bIsDedicated=True

Regards,
Martin

--
MyExcuse:
electromagnetic radiation from satellite debris

Martin Zwickel <martin.zwickel at technotrend.de>
Research & Development