An apology and suggestions

Rick Page mpcacrucesalus at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 09:59:17 EST 2007

Dear Group,
After going back over the many posting, I realized that there was a surge of
spamming after I posted this 5 days ago in response to Ryan stating that a
Linux Server release would be available very soon, possibly by the time the
Windows patch was released:
"WooHoo, A patch just came out today. Is this the patch Ryan was speaking of
or is this just another beta patch?"
Maybe it was just coincidental. If not, I apologize and should have been
more clear that I was referring to the soon to be release server port and
not the client port. Sometimes the gamer side of me speaks out before the
professional side of me thinks it through. I have been writing software
professionally for 12+ years and had been a Test Engineer for 7+ years. I
understand what Ryan and Epic is going through and I am sure they are doing
their best to resolve the issues.

These are not solutions, but suggestions. We should leave this list to those
that are interested in news, updates and constructive feedback. Maybe
another discussion list needs to be put in place. Regardless if another list
is created or not, purposely creating a subject heading that does not
pertain to the content in the email in not cool and is spamming. This goes
for the other types of spamming that is going on too. If you can't use this
list for the purpose in which it was created, then leave the list and go to
Epic's forum to post your complaints. The fact of the matter is that the
Linux Server release is going to come out before the Client. When is the
Client going to be available. Probably nobody can answer that question. That
is just the way it is. I can only assume that Ryan was hoping that when he
applied the patch to what he had done so far that it would have gone
smoothly. As anyone that is in the business knows that that is not always
the case. I am hoping for a server release soon, but my clients understand
from experience they will get a more stable game server from a Linux version
and will wait. How long, I don't know. But at the moment, they are still
dealing with Windows Client side issues.

Thanks for listening,
Rick