[ut3] An apology and suggestions

Alex Malinovich demonbane at the-love-shack.net
Mon Dec 17 15:41:42 EST 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-17 at 08:59 -0600, Rick Page wrote:
> Dear Group,
> After going back over the many posting, I realized that there was a
> surge of spamming after I posted this 5 days ago in response to Ryan
> stating that a Linux Server release would be available very soon,
> possibly by the time the Windows patch was released:
> "WooHoo, A patch just came out today. Is this the patch Ryan was
> speaking of or is this just another beta patch?"
> Maybe it was just coincidental. If not, I apologize and should have
> been more clear that I was referring to the soon to be release server
> port and not the client port. Sometimes the gamer side of me speaks
> out before the professional side of me thinks it through.
--snip--

Rick, very nice of you to apologize, though IMO you have nothing to
apologize for. Your comments may or may not have started the stream of
comments, but mailing lists are like wildfires. There's no telling what
will or won't start a flame war.

> These are not solutions, but suggestions. We should leave this list to
> those that are interested in news, updates and constructive feedback.
--snip--

I agree that having a place solely for news and updates might be
beneficial for some people, but I think that list, if it warrants
creating, should be ut3-announce. OTOH, as this list is, all things
considered, pretty low-volume, I think that anyone who is only here for
comments from Ryan should just invest 30 seconds of their time to set up
an email filter that checks for [ut3] in the subject, and
"icculus at icculus.org" as the Sender, and discards everything else.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837