[ut3] Satirical take on Epics delay of the Linux Distro for Ut3 [video]

Thomas Ilnseher ilnseher at eit.uni-kl.de
Mon Dec 17 08:04:06 EST 2007

Am Montag, den 17.12.2007, 10:21 +0100 schrieb info at snakeservers.net:

> This game is gonna be dead on this way
hey, I'm a Linux gamer myself, but:
>  the linux gamers are the bigest group
for sure they aren't!

eg.: Valve does regularly hardware surveys using steam. this allowed to
identify wine users on steam (wine would show up wine-alsa.drv as
sound-driver). Some info was posted on the valve website. 0.13% using
wine. That leaves 99,87% using windows ...

granted, as I _AM_ a linux gamer, I don't use steam, even though it does
run in wine, but given that 7 out of 8 linux gamers think like me, this
would give roughly 1% of market share. This isn't enough to decide about
success or failure of a game
--
Thomas Ilnseher <ilnseher at eit.uni-kl.de>