[ut2004] UT2004 wont produce any sound output

Tanuva tanuva at gmx.net
Wed May 23 10:34:14 EDT 2007

On Monday 21 May 2007 19:15:30 Sean Hamilton wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2007 at 06:43:15PM +0200,
>
>     Tanuva wrote:
> | So can you tell me how I get the sound to hw:2,x?
>
> Try adding
>
> (define alsa-device "hw:2,0")

Yeah! That does the job. Thank you a million times, woah having sound is so
great! :D

> to the end of your ~/.openalrc. It seems like you would
> save yourself a lot of trouble if you would just disable
> the unwanted onboard audio in your bios configuration.

The problem is: that audio device IS wanted - I have the headset plugged into
it and can therefore hear my mates on the headset while having the game sound
on the speakers (= audigy, pci), which simplifies understanding 'em a lot. :)

Tanuva