[ut2004] general engine question

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Thu Mar 9 08:45:59 EST 2006

> they are no *.so files in the game since version 2004.
> the linux port never support the loading of native functions, just uscript?

Scripts can call native functions that are supplied by Epic, but can't
add native functions of their own. This is true on all platforms for
UT2003 and UT2004 (but wasn't true on the original Unreal Tournament).

Since we don't allow mods to supply native code, we now statically link
the whole thing on Linux. Win32 (but not Win64) still supplies DLLs,
because there wasn't a motivation to clean this up.

All platforms are statically linked for UT2007.

--ryan.