[ut2004] A few questions from UT2004 newbie...

David Wood obsidian at panix.com
Thu Jun 22 10:05:40 EDT 2006

Well, the best place to start is the UT scripting guide. You can export
the UC sources for the game objects and read about how they work. Kind of
like a bad-ass network-replicated Java. It's object oriented, which
explains your Weapon vs. Minigun change; if the minigun class didn't
override that property then the defining parent class (in this case,
weapon) handles it.

When you look in the sources, you'll probably see that they specifically
implemented that property not to be settable from the console... as to
why, hard to guess, though there may be a comment in there?