UT2k4 frame limiting with online play

Peter Raymond Fetterer prfetterer at capitol-college.edu
Fri Jul 21 18:52:29 EDT 2006

I have been playing UT2K4 on linux since it was avalible.  I have recently
got a Nvidia 7800 GS. I have noticed that when I play a game (gametype dosn't
matter) by my self, I get a real nice frame rate of 100 -> 300 fps depending on
whats going on. But when I play online my frame rate gets limited to 64 FPS and
lags like crazzy... won't go any higher.. I have checked with the ussualy
sucspects like vsync flags in the nvidia tools, and UseVSync=false in the
UT2004.ini file.. Any other hints from fellow linux gamers, Or is this something
thats just part of the game on linux.

--
Peter Fetterer
Everything linux, electronics, and Ham Radio