[ut2004] Audio strangeness.

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Fri Nov 4 15:36:45 EST 2005

> Needless to say that this problem did not show under 32-bit Fedora. Also
> the sound is played back way too fast, though the animation is normal.
> Any insights?

Probably ~/.openalrc ... not sure what the actual setting is to pick an
ALSA card, but ut2004 itself doesn't choose a device, but rather takes
whatever OpenAL hands it as a default.

The sound playing too fast is probably either an AL or driver issue (I
know, I say this a lot).

> If I was not to re-install the game, is there a way to run the 64-bit
> version of the game? I mean, I already have the ut2004-bin-linux-amd64
> and ucc-bin-linux-amd64 binaries...

Replace the libSDL-1.2.so.0 and openal.so with the 64-bit ones from your
distro (or build your own), and run the -amd64 binaries.

--ryan.