[ut2004] still no love with ut2004 amd64

David Wood obsidian at panix.com
Fri Nov 4 09:43:27 EST 2005

He's right - ut2004 can't make you reboot, and if you're rebooting you
have a problem with:

1) Your hardware
2) Your kernel
3) Your nvidia driver
4) Some other driver...

Not necessarily in that order. Traces from ut2004 will have nothing to do
with these. Just because some things work doesn't mean there isn't a bug
or problem in one of these.

You say you are on current versions of things (although I don't know about
any patches from any forums, my setup runs fine without them!), althogh I
don't know, maybe there was some issue with the way you built it or bad
gcc version or something... anyway, once you rule out the software, it's a
hardware thing.

Do you dual boot? Does it run OK in windows? Anything else make you crash
like that? Is q3 the only other opengl thing u tried? Check your temps
lately?