[ut2004] Accelerated openal for emu10k1 based soundblaster

Aaron Gyes floam at sh.nu
Sat May 28 18:13:36 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-28 at 00:11 -0400, Rick B wrote:
>     I was wondering if someone could instruct me on the best was to
> compile this. Previously I have just unzipped and cd to
> "openal-alsa-emu10k1-1.2/src" issued the "make" command and took the
> resulting libopenal.so.0.1.2 changed the name to openal.so and put in
> the ut2004/System folder, but it sounds bad. Am I doing something
> wrong?  Also I seem to get some errors during the build here's what it
> looks like:

You aren't getting errors. If the word "-Werror" is scaring you, don't
worry. You're just seeing the options that are being passed to GCC. As
far as how you install it, you're doing the best thing possible pretty
much, since ut2004-bin won't look anywhere else. Make sure to set up a
speakers file if you want surround sound.

Aaron Gyes