[ut2004] ./ut2004-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5

Spike spike at spykes.net
Tue Jun 21 04:18:19 EDT 2005

I hear ya, on my system I have 2 of these libs.

/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6.0.3 (GCC 3.4)

and

/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.5.0.6 (GCC 3.3)

I upgraded my compiler on my slackware install one day and it removed
the latter and all hell broke loose. So i had to grab this file and
place it manually back in place in order to use my new compiler and
keep my system in one piece. What a mess it was.