[ut2004] speed of loading maps

Kris Vorwerk kris at vorwerk.ca
Sat Feb 26 17:26:59 EST 2005

> One minute sounds good to me.  I have played on two or three servers today and
> maps took from about 1 to 3 minutes to load and the game is running well
> since I installed the Community Bonus Pack 2.  I don't think that would have
> anything to do with the improved performance.  I will take the play disk out
> of the drive and see if there is a difference.

I believe that patched versions of the game don't require the CD to
play.  So, it's unlikely that that has much to do with the
presence/absence of the play CD.  Your longish load times are much more
likely to be due to a lack of RAM (and the resultant disk swapping) ...

For reference, most maps on my machine load in 20-40 seconds ...

Processor: Pentium 2.8 GHz
RAM: 2GB (cas-2)
Vid. Card: GeForce 6600 GT

cheers,