[ut2004] New Linux user with a problem!

Pollywog linux at shadypond.com
Mon Apr 25 11:37:21 EDT 2005

On Sunday 24 April 2005 02:37 pm, Jules Chianelli wrote:

> goto http://kanotix.com/files/
>
> then download this file
>
> install-radeon-debian.sh
>
> this should work for installing the ati drivers
>
> this is what you have to do to install it
> hit SHIFT-ALT-F1 ,this will bring you into a terminal console
> then log in as root
> type "init 3"
> this should kill the Xserver
> then type "sh install-radeon-debian.sh"
> this should install the ati-drivers

Shouldn't he uninstall the Debian packages for the drivers he has already
installed before he installs them the way you suggest?

I don't know, but it seems like a good idea to me.  And what about the DRI
problem, should DRI be commented out of the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4  (or
xorg.conf if that applies) file?

8)