[ut2004] Crashes in 3270-1 and 3323

Adar Dembo adar at stanford.edu
Tue Sep 21 07:35:46 EDT 2004

Small update. My modprobe.conf file was empty, so the information from
modprobe.d was never read by modprobe, hence the nvidia options never
got read. Having fixed that, both SBA and FW are now enabled. In
addition, I've removed all of those extra options from my XF86Config
file, narrowing down the list of culprits.

The bad news is that the symptoms are still as I described. I just
opened up UT2004, joined a game of onslaught, and within a minute of
being in-game, my monitor clicked off, the sound finished playing, and I
had nothing. One hard reboot later, I'm typing this e-mail.

It seems that tomorrow will involve going back to 5xxx and/or dropping
to an older kernel.

-Adar