[ut2004] a question about the initial *.ini files in the server

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Wed Sep 1 10:20:30 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-01 at 09:59, Pollywog wrote:
> I don't see a User.ini or a ut2004.ini in my new installation of the server.
> Are those created the first time the UT2004 server starts or should I use my
> backups?

They are created from Default.ini and DefUser.ini if they don't exist.
The buggy patch (3236) had a Windows version of User.ini included, which
would prevent creation of a correct one.

This meant that if you installed 3236 without ever running the
game/server, it'd break.

3270.1 doesn't have this problem. For fresh installs, go directly to the
latest patch without installing any of the previous patches. This is
safe and recommended.

--ryan.