Semi-random crashes in single player game

Peter Hoff petehoff at pacbell.net
Wed Oct 27 16:37:43 EDT 2004

I get cashes a lot while playing the single player game (I've only done
a little multiplayer, so i don't know if it happens there too). it seems
to happen most often when I'm going against the Hellions, but it happens
other times as well. Here is the end of the log from the most recent
time it happened. it was an instagib bloodrites match against Blood Fist
on Iron Diety, if it matters.

Log: Allocating 120120 byte dynamic vertex buffer.
Critical: Assertion failed: p->model1 [File:KFarfield.cpp] [Line: 937]
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing USDLClient::ShutdownAfterError
Log: Waiting for file streaming thread to finish...
Exit: OpenAL Audio subsystem shut down.
Exit: Exiting.
Log: FileManager: Reading 0 GByte 399 MByte 787 KByte 17 Bytes from HD
took 27.599781 seconds (11.165773 reading, 16.434008 seeking).
Log: FileManager: 0.000000 seconds spent with misc. duties
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, Wed Oct 27 13:16:37 2004

SuSE 9.1 Pro
AthlonXP3000+
Nforce2 motherboard
GeForceFX 5900 Ultra
1GB RAM
kernel and drivers are current

Anyway, it would be nice if this could get fixed one way or another. All
recomendations are welcome. I've got a few levels I can't pass, plus
it's cost me probably over 10k credits, so I spend a lot of time doing
head-to-heads to make up for it. Very frustrating.