I think redirecting to a 302 Moved is broken in the 3323 patch.

Clint Goudie-Nice clint at magicalspirits.net
Wed Oct 6 21:21:53 EDT 2004

When I'm running my Linux ut2004 server, if I point the redirect at a
web server that issues a 302 moved, the client doesn't download from the
new location, instead it comes back to the ut server to pull the file.

Here's an example..

Add a server package that's out on the redirect
[Engine.GameEngine]
ServerPackages=ServerExtClient103

Set this so the ut server cant send downloads itself...
[IpDrv.TcpNetDriver]
AllowDownloads=False

setup redirect to point at unrealadmins redirection service.
[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL=http://uz.unrealadmin.org/
ProxyServerHost=
ProxyServerPort=3128
UseCompression=True

(I've also tried it with the Proxy lines commented out)

Make sure you don't have a local copy of ServerExtClient103, connect to
the server, and you'll get a server refused to send file message,
however upon closer inspection by capturing the packets at the client in
ethereal you see this..

GET /ServerExtClient103.u.uz2 HTTP/1.1
Host: uz.unrealadmin.org
Connection: close