[ut2004] Help? 64 bit linux client and poor fps.

Peter Hoff petehoff at pacbell.net
Sun Nov 28 18:52:44 EST 2004

Nathan Dale Van Eps wrote:

>BTW, I don't why you get more frames with "UseVSync=True", but this
>should be false.

 From http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/jedioutcast/jedi-2.shtml

"*Video Sync*. With this option you can /enable///disable/ Vsync in the
Game. Vsync effectively limits the frame rate to your current refresh
rate at any given resolution. Frame rate can be perceivably /increased/
when set to *Off* (/disabled/), as frames are rendered as fast as they
can be regardless of refresh rate, although you may experience image
tearing &/or controller lag as a result. With this set to *On*
(/enabled/) you won’t experience either image tearing nor controller
lag, although frame rate will be limited to your refresh rate. As such
I’d recommend /enabling/ Vsync for best image quality & /disabling/ it
when you intend to benchmark system/game performance."

Turning off vsynch should only give an increase in framerates if refresh
rate is the limiting factor. With a monitor less than a few years old
that's very unlikely to be the case, so you're better off leaving it on.