[ut2004] Help? 64 bit linux client and poor fps.

Kris Vorwerk kris at vorwerk.ca
Thu Nov 25 20:39:10 EST 2004

Hi,

> cat /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/status

It looks like your Nvidia driver isn't using its internal AGP support,
but rather loading your agpgart module when you start X.  I saw the same
thing on my machine, and found it to be directly responsible for my own
poor performance under UT2004.

I resolved this problem simply by re-compiling my kernel without AGP
support whatsoever.  (No module to worry about, no built-in support to
muck with. :)  Also, your xorg.conf changes looked correct.

Once working, your /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/status should display
something akin to ..

cat /proc/driver/nvidia/agp/status
Driver:          NVIDIA
AGP Rate:        8x