[ut2004] Help? 64 bit linux client and poor fps.

Clint Goudie-Nice clint at magicalspirits.net
Thu Nov 25 15:30:56 EST 2004

> At this point, you can change a few options to suit your system via
> "make menuconfig".  (Oh, and I wouldn't compile in agpgart support --
> I've found that it if accidentally loads before the nvidia module, my
> FPS in UT2004 drops _enormously_.)  At this poitn, it's fairly
> straightforward to do a "make modules ; make modules_install ; make
> install", reboot, and you're good to go.

I think you've hit on something here.

In the FC3 2.6.9 is agpgart compiled into the kernel? I cant for the
life of me figure out how to disable it. dmesg always shows it as
disable this through the boot line or through modprobe.conf so that I
don't need to roll my own?

Who knows if the nvidia module would make it all go faster or not, but
it's worth a try.