Patch 3339 64 bit Web admin is _badly broken_

Clint Goudie-Nice clint at magicalspirits.net
Tue Nov 23 18:32:47 EST 2004

> Yeah, I'm seeing this too. Once it starts, the spam doesn't stop.
>
> On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 09:27 +1030, Kingsley Foreman wrote:
> > ive also found a bug with 3339 web service.
> >
> > look at about 4 pages then it starts spamming
> > error while trying to close socket
> >
> > messages at me in amd64
> >
> > Kingsley

When I first saw this, I thought it was like before where it happened
occasionally when the game started, but it's much, much worse. On my
box, it seems if I use the web admin text console for _anything_ it
starts out in the server admin saying something like too many
connections (Even though I'm the only one on) and then "error while
trying to close socket" bug that just keeps going as quick as it can
dump it to the console, dropping the server right on it's knees...

I'm going to disable my web admin for now... <Sigh>

Clint