[ut2004] 64 bit client problems with downloads

Clint Goudie-Nice clint at magicalspirits.net
Sat Nov 20 02:12:58 EST 2004

> I'll echo Clint's comment about the fact that the counter does get to "100%"
> generally pretty quickly, then restarts and runs "noticably slower" and has,
> in fact, reached 800% or more before announcing the download is complete

Really, as a player, I could care less about the direct from the ut
server socket download where the percentage gets screwed up. If I know
it's broken, I just expect it and move on... so I think of this as a
nice thing to fix...

IMO the important thing that's broken is that I downloaded the entire
file from the redirect, or so I'm lead to believe, and then something
went amiss. Downloading a 20meg map direct from the ut server just isn't
feasible. My only option at that point is to go find it myself and
install it, which may not be easy to find, or even exist elsewhere.

Also some servers (like mine until recently) don't allow downloads from
the ut server directly, since they have a fully synchronized redirect,
and don't want the ut server to deal with downloads directly...

Well there's my 2c.

Clint

ut2004://disastrousconsequences.com