[ut2004] trying to install UT2004 on gentoo 2004.1

asdf asdf alias969 at hotmail.com
Sun May 30 02:34:48 EDT 2004

>From: Gian Paolo Mureddu <Thetargos at tutopia.com>
>To: ut2004 at icculus.org
>Subject: Re: [ut2004] trying to install UT2004 on gentoo 2004.1
>Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 01:36:43 -0500
>
>asdf asdf wrote:
>
>>yup sorry I should include that everything I've toldyou I've tried a
>>variant of too like running the cd with a new config then trying from my
>>hd as well.  I've also read the faq and been trolling through other forums
>>but so far this list seems to be the most helpful.
>>
>>I've also installed it on windows then copied to my linux HD and have
>>plugged in the binaries from the latest patch gonna try that.
>>

>>>From: Matthew Arnold <marnold at ez-net.com>
>>>To: ut2004 at icculus.org
>>>Subject: Re: [ut2004] trying to install UT2004 on gentoo 2004.1
>>>Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 20:02:26 -0500

>>>Wouldn't that be why it's not working? It's probably trying to mount and
>>>umount that partition, which won't happen, especially not if you are
>>>running the binary by first changing to that directory.
>>>
>>>I can't remember if anyone has said this, but have you checked the
>>>installation section of the Linux Gamer's FAQ at
>>>http://icculus.org/lgfaq/#install ?
>>>
>>>Matt

>>MSN Premium helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*
>>http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines
>>

>That problem really seems odd... Since I installed with the DVD version, I
>never saw these kinds of problems before with the Loki installer (even with
>my NWN Gold using the unofficial Loki installer).
ummmm there is another installer I can use?? where can I find such
installer?
oh yeah the patch binaries launch then I get the message that my cd key is
invalid and that I should reinstall probably because I used the windows
installer then copied it over but now I have to crack my retail purchase
this is odd. anyone know where I can get a linux crack I'm checking p2p
right now