[ut2004] trying to install UT2004 on gentoo 2004.1

Gian Paolo Mureddu Thetargos at tutopia.com
Sun May 30 02:56:43 EDT 2004

asdf asdf wrote:

>> From: Gian Paolo Mureddu <Thetargos at tutopia.com>
>> To: ut2004 at icculus.org
>> Subject: Re: [ut2004] trying to install UT2004 on gentoo 2004.1
>> Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 01:36:43 -0500
>>
>> asdf asdf wrote:
>>
>>> yup sorry I should include that everything I've toldyou I've tried a
>>> variant of too like running the cd with a new config then trying
>>> from my hd as well.  I've also read the faq and been trolling
>>> through other forums but so far this list seems to be the most helpful.
>>>
>>> I've also installed it on windows then copied to my linux HD and
>>> have plugged in the binaries from the latest patch gonna try that.

>>> MSN Premium helps eliminate e-mail viruses. Get 2 months FREE*
>>> http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines
>>>

>> That problem really seems odd... Since I installed with the DVD
>> version, I never saw these kinds of problems before with the Loki
>> installer (even with my NWN Gold using the unofficial Loki installer).
>
> ummmm there is another installer I can use?? where can I find such
> installer?
> oh yeah the patch binaries launch then I get the message that my cd
> key is invalid and that I should reinstall probably because I used the
> windows installer then copied it over but now I have to crack my
> retail purchase this is odd. anyone know where I can get a linux crack
> I'm checking p2p right now

> Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN Premium

I don't this is the best place to ask for that ;)

In anycase the installer program in UT2004, is based upon the Loki
installer. This installer has been used for many other games (UT99 [AKA
UT classic], Quake3, NWN, Unreal 1, RTCW, FAKK2, SoF, etc). I don't know
if there's an updated version of the installer, but maybe Ryan (icculus)
could comment on that.